What do I get when I order a boundary survey?  
This includes a full boundary survey with all improvements located, we will flag your corners and provide you with a pdf version of the survey as well as 3 hard copies with a raised seal.

How long is a survey valid?
It depends on your municipality, on average, they accept surveys up to three years old. Please call your county or city to confirm.

Why is my survey so small? My old surveyor gave me engineer prints (24”x36”). Because of the cost of paper, ink, and postage, standard surveys are no longer required to be printed on such large sheets. You will typically see standard properties on legal-sized paper or 11”x17” paper. Larger parcels will be placed on engineer prints if we cannot fit it on 11”x17”.

I just need to get one corner/ one property line surveyed. Can you do that?
Currently, we do not locate just one property corner or line. It is always in your best interest to get a full boundary survey as it is a document that can show you exactly how your property is laid out, including any encroachments.

Will the crew at my property be able to tell me where my property corners are? Although our crews are knowledgeable and experienced, we encourage our clients to refrain from asking them questions regarding their corners or fences. Our crews locate corners and improvements that may not necessarily be inside your property. Once you receive your PDF copy of your survey, feel free to call our office with any questions about your property survey. We will be happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding your property.

Your crew went to my property but didn’t flag one/any of my corners. Why?
There are times where a property will not have a rod or monument in the ground to represent their corner, or it does not reflect the property correctly. In this case, we must calculate the corner in the office to show it correctly on your survey.

I’m buying/selling a house. Will I need to get a survey?
It depends if there is already an updated survey on the property. Sometimes the property will have already been surveyed and a new survey will not be necessary. Check with your lender or real estate agent.

Why do I need a surveyor to stake out my house when I build?
Cities and Counties have regulations that require buildings to be a minimum distance from property lines. To make sure your house meets the setback distances, it is a good idea to have us stake it out accurately before beginning any construction. We offer rough stake outs and final stake outs.

My neighbor’s tree is hanging over the property line. Can I cut it?
We encourage everyone to get along with their neighbors and come to an agreement. We can show property lines clearly, but we are unable to provide legal advice.

I see a stake in my yard. What does it mean?
Most stakes you’ll see by a house are either on a property line, easement line or Right-of-Way, etc. Sometimes you might find a stake where there is no property line – the stake is usually for a “reference point” where we set up our instrument to see around any obstructions such as trees. Please do not take it out!

How close to a property line can I put a fence?
This depends on your city or county, please call your local municipality for this. We recommend coming inside of your property 6 inches to ensure you are not encroaching into your neighbor’s lot. Keep in mind, that is a recommendation, not a requirement.

I want to split my property into smaller lots. What should I do first?
Please call your local municipality to find out what the requirements and qualifications are for this. Before land can be divided, it must comply with the zoning requirements. Once your property is approved, we can move forward with a quote for a lot split.

I need a builder’s package or a permit, will you tell me what I need to do?
We can give you a rough idea of what you will “probably” need to complete a build or to apply for a permit, however, every municipality has their own rules and, not only are they are changing constantly but, they also differ based on the area or zone within that municipality. Therefore, it is the client’s responsibility to contact their city and/or county directly to find out exactly what they need for their unique circumstances.